As a Full Stack Web Developer you will join a team of five people with a varied range of expertise to maintain and improve our European websites; you will be in charge of further innovating our UI by improving our front-end framework and our CMS look and feel.
During the following six month period the team will work on:
- Continuous Integration and Deployment;
- Automated testing;
- Responsive UI;
- Architecture improvements; PHP APIs, PHP Libraries, Unit Test, Domain Driven Design, Refactoring;
- Improvements to site speed;
- Implementing a new CiD.
Your job will be to design and implement projects / epics. You will research what the best approach is, which architecture to apply, which frameworks to use and to guide other team members in the right direction.
- Work closely with UX, Design and Marketing to provide a world-class E-Commerce experience;
- Extend and maintain our platform;
- Build PHP-based libraries, APIs and more;
- Create and maintain the UI of our CMS;
- Create and maintain new and current features of our front-end HTML/CSS/JS framework;
- Work on a highly distributed environment that leverages cloud services;
- Collaborate with other team members in requirement specification, feasibility analysis, engineering and launch planning;
- Guard the quality of your work through quality assurance methods such as unit tests and code reviews;
- Advise the QE on potential risks;
- Actively contribute in Scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, backlog grooming and the sprint demo;
- Advise the team on best practices, frameworks, models and any other architectural decisions;
- Identify opportunities for improvement;
- Advise the organization in decisions regarding site architecture and the technical aspect of web applications.
We’re headquartered in the heart of Amsterdam right next to Central Station.
- Bachelor or equivalent experience;
- Excellent coding and design skills in JS, HTML, PHP and SCSS/CSS;
- Experience with multisite, highly customized WordPress implementations;
- Experience with implementing front-end frameworks in large applications;
- Experience with unit testing, TDD, BDD;
- Experience in object-oriented programming/design with JS (MVC, DDD and REST);
- Affinity with UX and excellent UI implementation skills;
- Team player;
- Fluent in English;
- Understands humor or willing to learn;
- A fast growing ecommerce environment
- An international office hosting over 30 nationalities
- Competitive compensation and lots of benefits
- A social atmosphere (lunch, Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.)
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities