At Alrec we create powerful retail experiences that turn shoppers into lifelong customers. Having worked with global brands for over 60 years we know what makes the difference. We know retail. We design, engineer, develop, manufacture and implement high end retail solutions. We deliver high quality brand store solutions, shop in shop systems and displays that drive a connected consumer experience which makes us the partner of choice for leading blue chip global brands.
Alrec is a company that you do not consciously know as a consumer, but surely have seen our products. Our displays are being built for global brands such as Samsonite, Nespresso and Fitbit. These displays are built in our own large production facility and distributed worldwide.
Whether you're in Rome, Berlin or New York, our displays are all over the world!
The software (in conjunction with digital hardware) that is being developed, will bring our displays to a next level by strengthening the shopper experience on the shop floor and helping the displays get a long-term future-proof life. The first goal is to build a clear portal for our customers, in which they can, for example, put together product demonstrations or easily change the content on the screens (often via Android apps). The customer will get its own custom portal, the aim of which is to provide a full interactive shopper experience.
The role of Lead Technical Product Owner will involve considerable responsibility. The organization does not yet have a mature client product focused IT development environment, this person may actively get involved in setting that up. The stack used is not completely set, but it would be a great advantage if this would correspond with the existing databases and IT systems.
At present, client and display related software is mainly tailor made with the help of external software partners. From now on, we would like to design and create our own future proof standardized eco-system consisting of software, digital hardware and inhouse database. This way we build a multi-usable platform which can serve many display solutions for different clients and / or different client products, but it also enables us to innovate much faster. The cool thing is that we don't have only one project in mind, but we can build ahead for the coming years with all our plans and ideas!
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- First of all, act as a leader for the Technology team
- Organize the team (with internal and external specialists)
- Support & develop the tech strategy to enhance the shopper experience functionality of our displays and enable our clients to easier manage their installed base of displays
- Building a roadmap, with all the priorities that come with it
- To be the point of contact for the business, customers and external partners to translate functional wishes into the requirements for the software to be built
What are we looking for:
- At least 7 years of work experience, of which 3 years experience as a (Technical) Product Owner, preferably with experience in building customer portals or experience with software in a retail environment
- Implement Agile working in the team
- Someone who knows how to organize a multidisciplinary team
- Translates external client wishes into IT / technical display solutions
- Functions as a bridge between business and IT
- Managing both internal and external developers / partners
- Technically skilled in software development is a plus
- A more than challenging job
- A cool environment where your share can soon be admired all over the world
- Excellent primary and secondary employment conditions