Do you want to go the extra mile when it comes to solving problems? Do you want to help NewMotion succeed and be involved beyond the technical aspect? Then the role of Scala Engineer might be the job for you!
WE ARE NEWMOTION
We are Europe’s largest electric charging partner. We are on a mission to enable everybody to drive as many kilometres as possible powered by clean energy. We do that by offering large scale smart charging solutions to the masses. We contribute to a low-carbon world by making EV charging easy, accessible and smart, with the best expertise, highest quality & service.
WHAT YOU’LL BE IN CHARGE OF
NewMotion manages and operates a European network of more than 52.000 online charge points with a custom made back-office. In addition to our back-office we build online portals and mobile apps to service our customers. We integrate with a lot of other charge point and charge card providers across Europe. To join our international Technology & Innovation department we are looking for an experienced Scala Engineer.
THIS IS HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Work on our Scala applications with an international team of 50 engineers;
- Expand and improve our existing Scala applications according to the needs of the business by, among others, adding new features;
- Contribute to broader system design discussions and decision making with the team;
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to more junior engineers;
- Log and manage technical debt and work with team to estimate tasks to remediate.
THIS IS WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum 3 years of development experience, whereof:
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Scala software development;
- Strong interest in functional programming;
- Experience with functional programming libraries, such as doobie, zio, circe;
- Proficient with the Typelevel ecosystem (cats, fs2, etc.);
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban is a plus;
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments;
- Self-starter, great sense of responsibility, team-player;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
BECOME PART OF THE CHANGE
Working at NewMotion means working in a fun, fast-growing international company with big ambitions.
By joining us, you will:
- Contribute to a more sustainable future;
- Become an expert in e-mobility;
- Work in an open and transparent culture with colleagues from all over the world;
- Receive a competitive salary that fits your experience + bonus;
- Receive a MacBook;
- Enjoy daily healthy lunches, prepared by our masterchefs;
- Develop your skills and expertise through several trainings. Besides this, you will receive a personal training budget and set your annual goals with your personal development plan;
- Enjoy our online activities, our annual winter and summer outing, NewMotion running team on the Dam tot Damloop (when allowed again), or any other event initiated by colleagues!